Shame on us!



It has been a long time since I jotted down my thoughts..partly because I was getting used to the new WIFE tag busy balancing work n home :) and partly because nothing striking came across my mind which I felt I had to share.
The past 15 days, I have been or in fact we Indians have been listening to the horrifying fate of a 23 yr old which has been in discussion in TV newspapers n social networking sites. Though initially this incident dint have enough effect on me, it was the further discussions wit my husband that made me think wot exactly is going wrong which led to this inhuman act.
Now wit the improvement of technology everywhere people have become less sensitive n more inhuman. The term "civilized" no longer exists here I believe. Lame excuses like girls wearing provocative clothing has no relevance here. Even if a girl walks nude on the street no man has the right to comment on her or rape her and justify it by blaming the girl.
Is it the insecurity or inferiority complex in men, which is awakened by the progress of women? Or are Indian men still not ready to shed off the conservative mindset to accept the fact that women can b independent? Women empowerment shouldn't b confined to articles n speech..it should b brought into action and moreover men should b broad minded enough to accept it.
Then I wonder y this happens in India so frequently. Is it the law that's defective or the shameful fact that money can make any law flexible here, wit political influence u can get away wit any crime in this country..country which is supposed to b proud of its rich n varied heritage!
Though theres a lot of hype now, it s a sad reality tht aftr a while v will forget this and get busy wit our own lives. We forget abt the culprits..we forget abt a sorrow stricken family..n v forget abt the shattered dreams of a girl. I hope it doesnt happen tis tym n now on. Let me stop wit my deepest condolence..lets keep our fingers crossed n hope justice wont b denied to any girl or infact any human being hereafter

Comments